Smaug has been defeated, the Battle of Five Armies has been won, and Bilbo has returned to the Shire. But much danger still remains, and from the Orc-holds of the mountains to the dark and corrupt depths of Mirkwood a darkness waits, recovering its strength, laying its plans, and slowly extending its shadow…
The One Ring Roleplaying Game is based on The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. Chock full of incredible artwork by leading artists, including John Howe and Jon Hodgson, and with evocative rules designed by award-winning games designer Francesco Nepitello, there has never been a Lord of the Rings game that’s more evocative of Tolkien’s unique vision.
Along with rich and detailed background information, rules that focus on Tolkien’s themes, character types unique to the world and a setting that changes as the Tale of Years progresses, when you play The One Ring Roleplaying Game you really feel like you are playing in Middle-earth.
This game contains:
- A complete set of rules for roleplaying in Middle-earth.
- How to create characters and make your own fellowship.
- A bestiary of enemies to face, from Giant Spiders and Orcs to Stone-trolls and Wargs.
- Advice for telling stories that evoke the spirit of The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™.
- Six ready-made characters and a complete adventure to get started right away. You just need a group of players, a 12-sided dice and a handful of 6-sided dice to play!
336 pages, full colour interior, hard cover
Orders for this product include a complementary copy of the PDF.
Download a sample from The One Ring Roleplaying Game here.
The slipcase version of The One Ring Roleplaying Games was winner of the 2012 Gold ENnie for Best Art, Silver for Best Production Values, The 2012 Golden Geek for Best Artwork, and Best RPG in show at the Lucca Games 2012. Nominated for Best RPG at the 2012 Origins Awards.